Monday, June 05, 2006

From Denver Post on William Gray

I've been telling people for some time this guy William Gray has (OVER) 50 years of climate data on Hurricanes. He said the record doesn't lie and the global warming freaks have it wrong. HT to Drudge (and RUSH talked about it too) on this Denver Post here.
"Let's just say a crowd of baby boomers and yuppies have hijacked this thing," Gray says. "It's about politics. Very few people have experience with some real data. I think that there is so much general lack of knowledge on this. I've been at this over 50 years down in the trenches working, thinking and teaching."

Gray acknowledges that we've had some warming the past 30 years. "I don't question that," he explains. "And humans might have caused a very slight amount of this warming. Very slight. But this warming trend is not going to keep on going. My belief is that three, four years from now, the globe will start to cool again, as it did from the middle '40s to the middle '70s."

Both Gray and Pielke say there are many younger scientists who voice their concerns about global warming hysteria privately but would never jeopardize their careers by speaking up.

"Plenty of young people tell me they don't believe it," he says. "But they won't touch this at all. If they're smart, they'll say: 'I'm going to let this run its course.' It's a sort of mild McCarthyism. I just believe in telling the truth the best I can. I was

I love it! Just when ALGORE's movie comes out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read a lot of science papers on the net. As best as I can deduct from those I feel the same as what he is saying here!!
I remember the Cooling scare, and now its warming? So soon??
The main point is that the atmosphere is so complex that they do not fully understand it yet. A correletion does not necessarily mean cause. A Live Science article just the other day told of a study that indicates that removing aresols from the air, cleaning up the air, actually contributed to ocean surface temperatures rising. Just the opposite of our intentions!
A word to the wise, do not automatically believe what a politician or the mainstrean media say. Can you say agenda?
Read what is behind the news, from the right people.
Gary

Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»